Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Fun Fishing game and Preschool Organization

Today is one of the last visits Briggy will have with the ECI speech therapist. He has progressed SOOOO much, and we're grateful to her and the program for all that they have provided for our family.
Today she was working on some blends with Briggy that he is having trouble with {shells, sheep, giraffe...etc.} so she had flashcards with those items on them and they each had paper clips on them. With a fishing pole that had a magnent end {ours is a Munchkin bath toy} he would go fishing for the cards and say what he saw on them. I know that that is a pretty common game, but I really liked the ease of the paper clip instead of sticking on those expensive magnets or strips I thought I would have to do to get the same result. He had a lot of fun with it, so I will definitely be doing this with alot of activities in the near future!





On an organizational note, I've been trying to find out the best way to organize all of the preschool worksheets I print off and I finally came up with a *cute* solution.




I was lucky and won an Office Depot gift card from one of their Christmas-time sweepstakes, so I put it to use and bought that ENORMOUS 4" binder. They are really expensive {like $17} which I would never pay with my own loot, but last week they had them on their worklife specials were you get 100% cash back. So I bought it with a gift card {free} and will be sent another gift card for the price I "paid" for it---yea! The size is great though, because with 26 letters, numbers, shapes and colors, I am going to have a lot of print outs over the next 2 years. I bought the A-Z dividers and 1-5 dividers from Avery on Amazon
I wanted the front cover to be cute, so I just used "preschool words" and designed a cover from www.wordle.net I am obsessed with this and have made layouts for every season/holiday to put in a frame in my entryway. Its kind of like subway art that is so in right now---but free and i dont need photoshop!!

No comments:

Post a Comment