Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

LMNO!

One thing I always remember was hearing little kids sing "elemeno"! during the alphabet song. So when I first taught Brigham the alphabet we didnt sing it to learn it, we said each letter slowly. Now of course he knows the song, but he knows "lmno" are lumped together like that! We are big fans of the Signing Time DVDs and she actually has a song about LMNO and how they are different. So we watched that clip, and of course listened to the song on repeat {ai-yi-yi} on the signing time cd! I had a lot of different ideas for each letter, but because I did all 4 during the same day, I had to limit the individual activities. I know we'll be reviewing the letters again soon, so I didnt worry about each letter getting less focus.

For L we made and learned about ladybugs
For M we had M&Ms {which have been a potty training reward} Macaroni and Marshmallows
For N we learned about nests
For 0 we learned about Octopuses and Owls

I printed off the A-Z handwriting sheets from Confessions of a Homeschooler

I pretty much use EVERYTHING! she has on her site, and if you were doing each letter separately or wanting more LMNO activities, you'll find tons on her blog.





We made a lady bug out of construction paper and I asked Brigham how many spots the lady bug should have--he said 10! so I punched out 10 spots and he glued them on. I hope to put together a ladybug file folder game that has some lady bug math using the spots on it this weekend. {Im hoping to be able to post it on Saturday!}
For M I chose all food items to make a craft with. We looked through the pantry and found macaroni and marshmallows to make M's out of. We were lucky to get the M's glued on before he ate them all!!!
The N activity that we used from her blog went over particularly well. I laminated the page with the nests that were divided into capital and lower case Ns and I laminated the sheet that had all of the captial and lower case eggs and then cut them out.
Brigham had to put each egg in the right spot.


The O activity was found on: http://makinglearningfun.com/themepages/OwlHandprint.htm
We are going to turn that Owl activity into a valentine for a certain Auntie Jessie who loves Owls! "Whoooooo loves you" or something cutesy like that will be written on the back with some Briggy drawings!

After going over the handwriting {which he is really picking up well!!} and making the crafts it was time for lunch so we didnt end up doing any other Letter worksheets, but there are so many to choose from.
here are some of my favorites that I am definitely going to use throughout the year in reviews:
L: http://www.first-school.ws/theme/animals/wild/lion.htm
M: http://www.preschoolexpress.com/alphabet_station04/m_activities.shtml
O: http://www.kidzone.ws/math/ocean/k-next1.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment