Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Back--with a new Plan of Attack!

The past couple months were a little bit crazy for our family. Nothing major or serious, but I felt a little overwhelmed with things, and took a break from the regimented daily pre-k homeschooling for Brigham. We were *trying* to potty train, FINALLY! had Brigham's adneiods removed and tubes put in his ears and had a few allergy issues and visits with the doctor for our little guy Oliver. Throw in the hectic nature of holidays--and well---I kind of gave up. We still worked daily on learning activities, but the boys watched more dvds than normal {we watch a LOT of Signing Time} Anyway, my 2011 goal was to step-up my pre-k homeschooling and thats what Im here to do!
Before I was having scheduled Preschool time from 10-11:30 everyday. I think that had something to do with the overwhelming feeling I had, feeling the need to have everything prepared everyday and posting stressed me out! Im just not as gun-ho as some other mommies? I dont know, I just felt like maybe if I did a 3-day week I'd feel like I had more time to prepare and less pressure. {pressure I was just placing on myself, but all of you moms know what I mean!} So I decided on Monday, Wednesday and Friday as preschool days! I had my whole lesson plan mapped out for the rest of the year starting on January 3rd, and guess what happened? On January 3rd my son Brigham was NOT HAVING IT! I had designed the schedule similar to what I was doing before with Monday's a focus on ONE LETTER. Well, over these past few months, Brigham has become much more skilled in the alphabet, spelling and even some reading! So the little one letter lesson I planned wasnt "enough" for him. He kept wanting to branch out and do more and didnt seem satisfied with what I had prepared. So I did a little brainstorming and talked with a friend of mine that is an elementary school teacher, and came up with a little more diverse and challenging lesson plan.
I have to re-work some things, but next monday I am going to be starting my regular blog posts again with an L M N O plan for Monday.
This is a learning process for me, so I hope I can help with some links, ideas and organization. Im excited for this new schedule!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for stopping by my blog today! I wish you luck on the CSN giveaway! I am your newest follower. I have a boy in K, a girl in Pre-K, and a baby on the way! This will be an excellent resource! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete